member: Weifeng Shi
Graduate student (1999 ~ 2004)
Weifeng has explored the chemistry of 1,2-shift of Rh(II) carbene. He discovered 1,2-double and 1-2-triple bond shifts. He also initiated several projects, including 1,2-thio shift and 1,3 C-H insertions of Rh(II) carbene. Weifeng joined professor Dieter Fenske's group in Universität Karlsruhe (Germany) as a postdoctoral fellow.
Welcome to my page. I'd like to introduce myself to you. I was born in Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu province, China. I went to Beida in 1995. I got my B.S. degree in 1999 and Ph.D. in 2004, both under professor Jianbo Wang's direction. Music, cooking and playing basketball are my hobbies.
Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry; Peking University; July, 2004
B.S. in Organic Chemistry; Peking University; July,1999
Awards and Scholarship
Guangcai Scholarship, 2000
Excellent Graduate, 1999
Guanghua Scholarship, 1999
Excellent Scholarship of Science Test-class, 1997
Excellent Scholarship of Science Test-class, 1996
Ph.D thesis: 1,2-Migration Reaction of Rhodium(II) Metal Carbenes
(1) Spectroscopic Methods in Organic Chemistry (a Chinese translation)
Jianbo Wang, Weifeng Shi Peking University Press, 2001. Click Here
(2) A Kinetic Study of the Bimolecular Reaction of a-Diazo Esters with Rhodium Catalysts: Implication for the Mechanism of Rh(II)-Carbene Transfer
Zhaohui Qu, Weifeng Shi, Jianbo Wang J. Org. Chem. 2001, 66, 8139-8144. Click Here
(3) Catalytic Asymmetric [2,3]-Sigmatropic Rearrangement of Sulfur Ylides generated from Copper(I) Carbenoids and Allyl Sulfides
Xiaomei Zhang, Zhaohui Qu, Zhihua Ma, Weifeng Shi, Xianglin Jin and Jianbo Wang, J. Org. Chem. 2002, 67, 5621-5625. Click Here
(4) Synthesis of 1-(2'-Phenyl)cyclopropyl-2,3-epoxypropan-1-ol as the Radical Precursor for the Kinetic Study of Oxiranylcarbinyl Radical
Zhao Hui Qu, Wei Feng Shi, Jian Bo Wang, Chin. Chem. Lett. 2002, 13, 1033.Click Here
(5) Rh(II)-Carbene Reaction Controlled by Conformation: Investigation on Rh(II) Complex Catalyzed Reaction of Diazoesters and Diazoamides Zhaohui Qu, Weifeng Shi, Xianglin Jin, Jianbo Wang Chin. J. Org. Chem. 2003, 23, 988-995. Click here
(6) Unusual Reaction of b-Hydroxy a-Diazo Carbonyl Compounds with Cl3CCN/NaH and Rh(II)-catalyzed Reaction of b-Trichloroacetylamino a-diazo Carbonyl Compounds
Weifeng Shi, Nan Jiang, Shiwei Zhang, Weiming Wu, Daming Du, and Jianbo Wang, Org. Lett. 2003, 5, 2243-2246. Click Here
(7) An Efficient and Mild Preparation of Vinyl Diazo Carbonyl Compounds
Weifeng Shi, Ming Ma, Jianbo Wang, Chin. Chem. Lett. 2004, 15, 911-914. Click here.
(8) Linear Free Energy Correlation Analysis on the Electronic Effects of Rh(II) Carbene O-H Insertion
Zhaohui Qu, Weifeng Shi and Jianbo Wang, J. Org. Chem. 2004, 69, 217-219. Click here
(9) Unusual Reaction of b-Hydroxy a-Diazo Carbonyl Compounds with Trichloroacetonitrile (Cl3CCN) and Sodium Hydride
Weifeng Shi, Nan Jiang and Jianbo Wang, Chin. J. Org. Chem. 2003, 23, Suppl. 17.
(10) 1,2 Migration in Carbenoid and Carbene Reactions
Ming Ma, Nan Jiang, Weifeng Shi and Jianbo Wang, Chin. J. Org. Chem. 2003, 23, Suppl. 14.
(11) Unusual Reaction of b-Hydroxy a-Diazo Carbonyl Compounds with
Weifeng Shi, Bo Zhang, Binge Liu, Feng Xu, Fengping Xiao, Jian Zhang, Shiwei Zhang, Jianbo Wang, Tetrahedron Lett. 2004, 45, 4563-4566. Click here.
(12) 1,2-Vinyl and 1,2-Acetylenyl Migration in Rh(II) Carbene Reaction: Remarkable Bystander Effect
Weifeng Shi, Fengping Xiao and Jianbo Wang
J. Org. Chem. 2005, 70, 4218-4322.Click here.
(13) 1,2-Thio Group Migration in Rh(II) Carbene Reactions
Feng Xu, Weifeng Shi, and Jianbo Wang
J. Org. Chem. 2005, 70, 4191-4194.Click here.
(14) Stereoselective Intramolecular 1,3 C-H Insertion in Rh(II) Carbene Reactions.
Weifeng Shi, Bo Zhang, Jian Zhang, Binge Liu, Shiwei Zhang, Jianbo Wang
Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 3103-3106.Click here.
(15) 2,3-Migration in Rh(II)-Catalyzed Reaction of b-Trifluoroacetamido
Feng Xu, Shiwei Zhang, Xiangnan Wu, Yu Liu, Weifeng Shi and Jianbo Wang
Org. Lett. 2006, 8, 3207-3210.Click here.
(16) Rh(II)-Catalyzed Reaction of alpha–Diazocarbonyl Compounds bearing beta-Trichloroacetylamino Substituent: C-H Insertion versus 1,2-H Shift
Zhenhua Zhang, Weifeng Shi, Jian Zhang, Bo Zhang, Bingge Liu, Yiyang Liu, Bo Fan, Fengping Xiao, Feng Xu and Jianbo Wang
Chem. Asian J. 2010, 5, 1112-1119.
You are welcome to join us. If you have some questions, please do not hesitate to connect with me.
Thank you for visiting my page.