: Tenured Associate Professor (PI), College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
: Associate Professor (Tenure Track, PI), College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
: Post-doctoral Associate, Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Berlin, Germany
: Post-doctoral Associate, J. W. Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany
: Post-doctoral Associate, Duke University, USA
: Visiting Student, Duke University, USA
Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Peking University
B.S. in Chemistry, Peking University
- First-principles approaches to electronic band structure of materials: Green’s function based many-body perturbation theory (GW and beyond); system-tuned hybrid functionals, etc.
- First-principles approaches to strongly correlated materials: DFT+U, GW+DMFT etc.
- Theoretical study of materials for energy conversion, molecular magnetic materials, and heterogeneous catalysis of transition-metals and oxides.
- Hong Jiang, Revisiting the GW Approach to d- and f-electron Oxides, Phys. Rev. B, 97, 245132 (2018).
- Zhi-Hao Cui, Yue-Chao Wang, Min-Ye Zhang, Xi Xu, Hong Jiang*, Doubly Screened Hybrid Functional: An Accurate First-Principles Approach for Both Narrow- and Wide-Gap Semiconductors, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 9, 2338-2345 (2018).
- Zhi-Hao Cui and Hong Jiang*, Theoretical Investigation of Ta2O5, TaON and Ta3N5: Electronic Band Structures and Absolute Band Edges, J. Phys. Chem. C. 121, 3241-3251(2017).
- Yue-Chao Wang, Ze-Hua Chen and Hong Jiang*, The local projection in the density functional theory plus U approach: a critical assessment, J. Chem. Phys.144,144106(2016).
- Hong Jiang* and Peter Blaha, GW with linearized augmented planewaves extended by high-energy local orbitals, Phys. Rev. B, 93,115203(2016).