Postdoc, Peking University
Postdoc, University of Sherbrooke
Ph.D., University of Alberta, Canada
B.S., Wuhan University
Fullerene is one of the most studied molecules in the last decade. Our work in this area includes the synthesis of fullerene derivatives through addition reactions such as pyrrolidinofullerenes. We are also interested in the activation of fullerene carbon bonds and the preparation of cage-opened fullerenes and heterofullerenes. A number of fullerene mixed peroxides have been prepared as their precursors. Non-classical organic reactions are being developed in these studies. Through collaboration with other groups, physical properties and potential application of the fullerene derivatives are also investigated.
National Natural science fund for distinguished young scholars (1998), National natural science award (the 2nd grade, 2003), Asian Cutting-Edge Organic Chemistry Program Lectureship Award (2010), Advisory board member for International Symposium on Novel Aromatic Compounds
- Yanbang Li, Ning Lou, Dan Xu, Changwang Pan, Xing Lu and Liangbing Gan Oxygen-Delivery Material: Synthesis of an Open-Cage Fullerene Derivative Suitable for Encapsulation of H2O2 and O2 Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 14144-14148.
- Zishuo Zhou, Nana Xin, and Liangbing Gan Synthesis of Metal Complexes with an Open-Cage Fullerene as the Ligand Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 451-457
- Ning Lou, Yanbang Li, and Liangbing Gan, Synthesis of C70-Based Fluorophores through Sequential Functionalization to Form Isomerically Pure Multiadducts Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 2403–2407.
- Yanbang Li, Gaihong Zhang, Dian Wang, Beidi Xu, Dan Xu, Ning Lou, Liangbing Gan, Fullerene-Based Macro-Heterocycle Prepared through Selective Incorporation of Three N and Two O Atoms into C60 Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 14590–14593.
- Yanbang Li, Dan Xu, Liangbing Gan, Selective Multiamination of C70 Leading to Curved pi Systems with 60, 58, 56, and 50 pi Electrons Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 2483-2487.