2020.02 – present
Professor (tenured), College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University.
2013.12 – 2020.01
Assistant Professor (tenure-track), College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University.
2013.12 – present
Principal Investigator, Synthetic and Functional Biomolecules Center, Peking University.
2013.12 – present
Principal Investigator, the Center for Life Sciences, Peking University.
2009.01 – 2013.11
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemical Physiology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla
2007.07 – 2008.12
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington
2001.09 – 2007.06
Ph. D., Department of Biochemistry and Program of Biomolecular Structure and Design, University of Washington
1996.09 – 2001.06
B. S., Department of Biology, University of Science and Technology of China
My independent research group at Peking University is interested in developing cutting-edge chemical biology and proteomics tools to discover and interrogate functional sites in proteomes by a combination of experimental and computational approaches. We focus on three major areas:
- Quantitative profiling of functional PTMs in proteomes;
- Deconvolution of binding sites of bio-active ligands in proteomes to guide in-depth characterization of their mechanism of action;
- Computational prediction and discovery of functional residues in proteomes.
We believe that these multidisciplinary efforts will provide enabling tools not only to advance our basic understanding of functional signaling and regulatory pathways in biological systems, but also to expedite discovery of novel drug targets that could be leveraged to develop next-generation therapeutic compounds.
- Qin, W.; Qin, K.; Zhang, Y.; Jia, W.; Chen, Y.; Cheng, B.; Peng, L.; Chen, N.; Liu, Y.; Zhou, W.; Wang, Y. L.; Chen, X.*; Wang, C.*, S-glycosylation-based cysteine profiling reveals regulation of glycolysis by itaconate. Nat. Chem. Biol. 2019, 15 (10), 983-991.
- Wang, J.#; Liu, Y.#; Liu, Y.#; Zheng, S.; Wang, X.; Zhao, J.; Yang, F.; Zhang, G.; Wang, C.*; Chen, P. R.*, Time-resolved protein activation by proximal decaging in living systems. Nature 2019, 569 (7757), 509-513.
- Gao, J.#; Yang, F.#; Che, J.; Han, Y.; Wang, Y.; Chen, N.; Bak, W., D.; Lai, S.; Xie, X.; Weerapana, E.; Wang, C.*, Selenium-encoded isotopic signature targeted profiling. ACS Cent Sci. 2018, 4 (8), 960-970.
- Dai, J.; Liang, K.; Zhao, S.; Jia, W.; Liu, Y.; Wu, H.; Lv, J.; Cao, C.; Chen, T.; Zhuang, S.; Hou, X.; Zhou, S.; Zhang, X.; Chen, X. W.; Huang, Y.; Xiao, R. P.; Wang, Y. L.; Luo, T.; Xiao, J.; Wang, C.*, Chemoproteomics reveals baicalin activates hepatic CPT1 to ameliorate diet-induced obesity and hepatic steatosis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2018, 115 (26), E5896-E5905.
- Chen, Y.; Liu, Y.; Lan, T.; Qin, W.; Zhu, Y.; Qin, K.; Gao, J.; Wang, H.; Hou, X.; Chen, N.; Friedmann Angeli, J. P.; Conrad, M.; Wang, C.*, Quantitative profiling of protein in ferroptosis by an aniline-derived probe. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140 (13), 4712-4720.