: Professor, College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, P. R. China
: Associate Professor, College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, P. R. China
: Postdoctoral Associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, Advisor: Prof. Timothy M. Swager
: Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA, Advisor: Prof. Jeffrey S. Moore
: B.Sc. in Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, P. R. China
Syntheses, supramolecular chemistry, and applications of organic/polymeric materials with electronic/photonic functions
The research in our group is in the interdisciplinary area of organic, polymer, materials, and supramolecular chemistry, with focuses on syntheses and supramolecular chemistry-related issues involved in the development of organic/polymeric materials with electronic, opto-electronic, or photonic functions. The research projects include: designing and synthesizing new conjugated (macro)molecules and studying their electronic and photophysical properties; investigating the self-assembly of higher-order supramolecular structures of conjugated systems and their influences over the opto-electronic functions; developing organic/polymer materials with applications in polymer solar cells and thin-film transistors.
- Cai, K;† Xie, J.;† Zhang, D.; Shi, W.; Yan, Q.;* Zhao, D.* “Concurrent Cooperative J- and Anti-cooperative H-aggregates” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 5764-5773.
- Guo,Y.;† Li, Y.;† Awartani, O.; Han, H.; Zhao, J.; Ade, H.;* Yan, H.;* Zhao, D.* “Improved Performance of All-polymer Solar Cells Enabled by Naphthodiperylenetetraimide-based Polymer Acceptor” Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1700309.
- Guo, Y.;† Li, Y.;† Awartani, O.; Zhao, J.; Han, H.; Ade, H.;* Zhao, D.;* Yan, H.* “A Vinylene-bridged Perylene Diimide-Based Polymeric Acceptor Enabling Efficient All-Polymer Solar Cells Processed under Ambient Conditions” Adv. Mater. 2016, 28, 8483-8489.
- Xie, J.; Shi, K.; Cai, K.; Zhang, D.; Wang, J.-Y.; Pei, J.;* Zhao, D.* “A NIR Dye with High-performance N-type Semiconducting Property” Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 499-504.
- Zhou, Y.; Kurosawa, T.; Ma, W.; Guo, Y.; Fang, L.; Vandewal, K.; Diao, Y.; Wang, C.; Yan, Q.; Reinspach, J.; Mei, J.; Appleton, A.; Koleidat, G.; Gao, Y.; Mannsfeld, S. C. B.; Salleo, A.; Ade, H.;* Zhao D.;* Bao, Z.* “High Performance All-Polymer Solar Cell via Polymer Side-Chain Engineering” Adv. Mater. 2014, 26, 3767-3772.
- Cai, K.; Xie, J.; Zhao, D.* “NIR J-aggregates of Hydroazaheptacene Tetraimides” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 28-31.
- Yan, Q.; Zhou, Y.; Zheng, Y.; Pei, J.;* Zhao, D.* “Towards Rational Design of Organic Electron Acceptor for Photovoltaics: a Study Based on Perylenediimide Derivatives” Chem. Sci. 2013, 4, 4389-4394.
- Cai, K.; Yan, Q.; Zhao, D.* “Large Hydroazaacene Diimides: Synthesis, Tautomerism, Halochromism, and Redox-switchable NIR Optics” Chem. Sci. 2012, 3, 3175-3182.