: Professor, Peking University.
: Associate Professor, Peking University.
: Visiting scientist at ECN of the Netherlands.
: Visiting scientist at MTC of Amsterdam University, the Netherlands.
: Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Peking University.
: M.S. in Environmental Chemistry, Peking University.
: B.S. in Applied Chemistry, Peking University.
The research of our group is mainly focused on exploring the chemical mechanisms of the bio-molecular recognition reactions and trying to simulate the natural process to develop highly selective, sensitive and efficient analytical methods. Current research projects include:
- Fluorescence imaging of DNA repair enzymes in living cells
- Ultra-sensitive detection of low-abundance DNA mutations in circulating cell-free DNA
- Mimicking the bio-molecular recognition by molecular imprinting technology
- Identification of the integration sites of exogenous genes in mammalian cells
- W Chen, HQ Xu, SB Dai, JY Wang, ZY Yang, YW Jin, MB Zou, XJ Xiao*, TB Wu*, W Yan, B Zhang, ZM Lin, MP Zhao*, Detection of low-frequency mutations in clinical samples by increasing mutation abundance via the excision of wild-type sequences, Nature Biomedical Engineering, 2023, DOI: 10.1038/s41551-023-01072-8 (https://rdcu.be/dhUlL).
- ZY Yang, W Chen, JY Wang, MH Shi, RL Zhang, SB, TB Wu*, MP Zhao*, Programmable One-Pot Enzymatic Reaction for Direct Fluorescence Detection of Ultralow-Abundance Mutations in the DNA Duplex, Analytical Chemistry, 2021, 93, 7086.
- JQ Zhai, MH Zhao, XJ Cao, MY Li*, MP Zhao*, Metal-ion-responsive bionanocomposite for selective and reversible enzyme inhibition, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2018, 140, 16925.
- TB Wu, YF Yang, W Chen, JY Wang, ZY Yang, SL Wang, XJ Xiao, MY Li, MP Zhao*, Noncanonical substrate preference of lambda exonuclease for 5'-nonphosphate-ended dsDNA and a mismatch-induced acceleration effect on the enzymatic reaction, Nucleic Acids Research, 2018, 46, 3119.
- TB Wu, W Chen, ZY Yang, HC Tan, JY Wang, XJ Xiao, MY Li, MP Zhao*, DNA terminal structure-mediated enzymatic reaction for ultra-sensitive discrimination of single nucleotide variations in circulating cell-free DNA, Nucleic Acids Research, 2018, 46(4), e24.
- XJ Xiao, TB Wu, L Xu, W Chen, MP Zhao*, A branch-migration based fluorescent probe for straightforward, sensitive and specific discrimination of DNA mutations, Nucleic Acids Research, 2017, 45 (10): e90.
- JQ Zhai, YB Liu, S Huang, SM Fang, MP Zhao*, A specific DNA-nanoprobe for optically tracking the activities of human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 in living cells, Nucleic Acids Research, 2017, 45(6), e45.
- XJ Xiao, TB Wu, FD Gu, MP Zhao*, Generation of artificial sequence-specific nucleases via preassembled inert-template, Chemical Science, 2016, 7, 2051.
- SM Fang, L Chen, MP Zhao*, Unimolecular chemically modified DNA fluorescent probe for one-step quantitative measurement of the activity of human apurinic/ apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 in biological samples, Analytical Chemistry, 2015, 87, 11952.
- XJ Xiao, C Zhang, X Su, C Song, MP Zhao*, A universal mismatch-directed signal amplification platform for ultra-selective and sensitive DNA detection under mild isothermal conditions, Chemical Science, 2012, 3, 2257.
- ZY Chen, L Xu, Y Liang, MP Zhao*, pH-Sensitive water-soluble nanospheric imprinted hydrogels prepared as horseradish peroxidase mimetic enzyme, Advanced Materials, 2010, 22, 1488.
- C Song, MP Zhao*, Real-time monitoring of the activity and kinetics of T4 polynucleotide kinase by a singly labeled DNA-hairpin smart probe coupled with exonuclease cleavage, Analytical Chemistry, 2009, 81, 1383.