The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Ph. D in Analytical Chemistry, Aug. 2009 to Jul. 2015
Advisor: Prof. Jeanne E. Pemberton
Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
B.S. in Chemistry and Liyun Excellence Class, Sept. 2005 to Jul. 2009
Institute for Basic Science, Center for Soft and Living Matter, Ulsan, South Korea
Senior Research Fellow (tenured). Jun. 2020 to Jan. 2021;
Senior Researcher. Dec. 2017 to May. 2020;
Postdoctoral Researcher, Dec. 2015 to Dec. 2017
Advisor: Prof. Steve Granick
- Single-molecule liquid cell electron microscopy, method development, correlative imaging, and deep learning-based image analysis
- Intermediate states of macromolecular systems including protein-nucleic acid interaction and polymerization. We are interested in understanding fundamental processes such as self-assembly, conformation adaptation and selection, single-chain growth mechanism, and kinetics.
- Boosted diffusion of chemical reaction, collective motion, and emergent phenomenon in nonequilibrium chemical active systems, organized multi-enzymatic systems, and organelles.
- Structure and dynamics of the interface, including nucleation and phase separation.
- Reaction intermediates and boosted diffusion.
- T. Huang, B. Li, H. Wang*, S. Granick*. Molecules, the Ultimate Nanomotor: Linking Chemical Reaction Intermediates to their Molecular Diffusivity. Acs Nano, 2021, 15,9,14947-14953.
- H. Wang#, T. Huang#, S. Granick*. Using NMR to Test Molecular Mobility during a Chemical Reaction. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2021, 12, 9, 2370–2375.
- H. Wang, M-G. Park, R. Dong, J.-Y. Kim, Y.-K. Cho, T. Tlusty, S. Granick*. Boosted Molecular Mobility during Common Chemical Reactions. Science, 2020, 369(6503), 519-521.
- “Single-molecule liquid cell electron microscopy”
- H. Wang, H. M. Kandula, Y-J Kim, O-H Kwon, S. Granick*. Imaging Individual Molecules Using Liquid-phase TEM-Surprises and Research Opportunities. Micosc. Microanal., 2021, 27 (S2), 3-4.
- H. Wang, B. Li, Y-J Kim, O-H Kwon, S. Granick*. Intermediate States of DNA Self-Assembly from Liquid-cell Electron Microscopy. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2019, 117 (3), 201916065.
- H. Wang#, K. H. Nagamanasa#, Y-J Kim, O-H Kwon, S. Granick*. Bubble-free, Longer-Lasting Single-Molecule Direct Imaging of Aqueous Sample Using Transmission Electron Microscopy. ACS Nano, 2018, 12(8), 8572-8578.
- K. H. Nagamanasa#, H. Wang#, S. Granick*. Liquid-Cell Electron Microscopy of Adsorbed Polymers. Adv. Mater., 2017, 29(41), 1703555.
- Nonequilibrium responses of macromolecules in flow.
- H. Wang, J. E. Pemberton*. Direct Nanoscopic Measurement of Laminar Slip Flow Penetration of Deformable Polymer Brushes: Synergistic Effect of Grafting Density and Solvent Quality. Langmuir, 2019, 35(42), 13646-13655.
- H. Wang, J. E. Pemberton*. Effect of Solvent Quality on Laminar Slip Flow Penetration of Poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) Films with an Exploration of Mass Transport Mechanism. Langmuir, 2017, 33(30), 7468-7478.
- H. Wang, L. Cheng, A. E. Saez, J. E. Pemberton*. Flow Field Penetration in Thin Nanoporous Polymer Films under Laminar Flow by Förster Resonance Energy Transfer Coupled with Total Internal Reflectance Fluorescence Microscopy. Anal. Chem., 2015, 87(23), 11746-11754.
- Other fundamental, yet interesting problems
- K. Zheng#, R. Dong#, H. Wang#, Steve Granick*. Infrared Assessment of Human Facial Temperature in the Presence and Absence of Common Cosmetics. MedRxiv. 2020.
- denotes equal contribution
* denotes corresponding author