Academic Education and Professional Experience:
B.Sc., 1942, Tongji University;
Ph.D., 1950, California Institute of Technology;
George Ellery Hale Fellow, 1950-1951, California Institute of Techno- logy.
- Structure determination of biomolecules and studies of their structure-function relationship;
- Structural chemistry of organo-metallic and coordination compounds involving d-block metals;
- Molecular design and structure prediction for proteins and synthesis of active peptides;
- Molecular engineering of composite functional systems.
- Tang Youqi, Advances in Science of China, CHEMISTRY, 2, 177 (1987). "Crystal- and Surface-Structural Studies at Peking University".
- Youchang Xie, and Youqi Tang, Advances in Catalysis 37, 1 (1990)."Spontaneous Monolayer Dispersion of Oxides and Salts onto Surface of Supports".
- Qichen Huang, Shenping Liu, and You-qi Tang, J. Mol. Biol. 229, 1022 (1993)."Refined 1.6 A Resolution Crystal Structure of the Complex formed between Porcine -Trypsin and MCTI-A, a Trypsin Inhibitor of the Squash Family, Detailed Comparison with Bovine -Trypsin and its Complex".
- Tang Youqi, and Huang Qichen, Progress in Natural Science 4, (5), 527 (1994)."Active Center Geometry and Depurination Mechanism of two Ribosome-inactivating Proteins".
- Kaluo Tang, Xianglin Jin, and Youqi Tang, Reviews on Heteroatom Chemistry, 15, 83 (1996). "Insertion of CS2 into M-S Bond and its Application in Synthesis of Clusters".
- Tang Youqi, Science (Kexue) (in Chinese), 48 (6), 8 (1996)."An Opinion on the Building-up of Molecular Engineering as a Branch of Science".