Assistant Professor (PI), College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
Research Scientist II., Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University
Postdoc Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University
Ph.D., Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
B.S., College of Chemistry and Molecular Science, Wuhan University
Design and synthesis of metal catalysts to prepare recyclable and/or biodegradable polymers with desirable properties via precise control of polymer microstructures; synthesis of novel polymeric materials with complex topology and their applications; investigation of novel polymerization methodology to prepare recyclable and/or biodegradable polymers.
- Tang, X.; Westlie, A. H.; Caporaso, L.; Cavallo, L.; Falivene, L.*; Chen, E. Y.-X.* “Biodegradable polyhydroxyalkanoates by stereoselective copolymerization of racemic diolides: Stereocontrol and polyolefin-Like properties”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 7881-7890.
- Tang, X.; Westlie, A. H.; Watson, E. M.; Chen, E. Y.-X.* “Stereosequenced crystalline polyhydroxyalkanoates from diastereomeric monomer mixtures”, Science 2019, 366, 754-758.
- Tang, X.; Chen, E. Y.-X.* “Toward infinitely recyclable plastics derived from renewable cyclic esters”, Chem 2019, 5, 284-312.
- Tang, X.; Chen, E. Y.-X.* “Chemical synthesis of perfectly isotactic and high melting bacterial poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) from bio-sourced racemic cyclic diolide”, Nat. Commun. 2018, 9, 2345.
- Tang, X.; Hong, M.; Falivene, L.; Caporaso, L.; Cavallo, L.*; Chen, E. Y.-X.* “The quest for converting biorenewable bifunctional α-methylene-γ-butyrolactone into degradable and recyclable polyester: Controlling vinyl-addition/ring-opening/cross-linking pathways”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 14326-14337.