2005 – present
Associate Professor (2005), Professor (2012), College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
2001 – 2004
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, State University of New York at Stony Brook
1996 – 2001
Ph.D., Department of Chemistry, State University of New York at Stony Brook
1994 – 1996
M.S., College of Chemistry, Nankai University
1990 – 1994
B. S., College of Chemistry, Nankai University
From the viewpoint of polymer physics, our group works on the assembly, phase separation, evolution, and other dynamic behaviors of biopolymers, such as DNA/RNA, protein/peptide, polysaccharides, as well as their complexes under non-equilibrium conditions or crowded environment. The purpose of our study is to reveal the mechanism of life processes. We further apply the new findings into the development of materials suitable for biomedical applications, such as drug (gene, siRNA) delivery. Current research projects include:
- Construction of non-equilibrium protocell models;
- Anisotropic assembly regulated by macromolecular crowding and confinement;
- Peptide mediated endocytosis of biomembrane;
- Lung-targeting siRNA delivery vehicles.
- 1. Chang, H.; Jing, H.; Yin, Y.; Zhang, Q.; Liang, D.H.*; “Membrane-Mediated Transport in Non-Equilibrium Hybrid Protocell Based on Coacervate Droplets and Surfactant” Chem. Commun. 2018, 54, 13849-13852.
- Yin, Y.D.; Chang, H.; Jing, H; Zhang, Z.X.*; Yan, D.D.; Mann,S.; Liang, D.H.* “Electric field-induced circulation and vacuolization regulate enzyme reactions in coacervate-based protocells” Soft Matt. 2018, 14, 6514-6520.
- Yu, Q.; Sun, J.; Huang, S.; Chang, H.; Bai, Q.; Chen, Y,; Liang, D.H.*; “Inward Budding and Endocytosis of Membranes Regulated by de Novo Designed Peptides” Langmuir 2018, 34, 6183−6193.
- Wen, H.; Yu, Q. H.; Yin, Y. D.; Pan, W.; Yang, S.; Liang, D. H.*, Shear Effects on Stability of DNA Complexes in Presence of Serum. Biomacromolecules 2017, 18, 3252-3259.
- Yin, Y.D.; Niu, L.; Zhu, X.C.; Zhang, Z.X.; Zhao, M.P.; Mann, S.*; Liang, D.H.* “Non-equilibrium behaviour in coacervate-based protocells under electric field induced excitation” Nat. Commun. 2016, 7, 10658.