- 1998-2004, Ph. D, Physical Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- 2002-2004, Visiting Ph. D student, Analytical Chemistry, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany.
- 1994-1998, Bachelor of Science, Applied Chemistry, Jilin University, Changchun, China.
- 2021-now, Professor, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, China.
- 2010–2021, Associate Professor, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, China.
- 2008–2010, Lecturer, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, China.
- 2005–2008, Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Toronto, Canada.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND OVERVIEW
High throughput and sensitive qualitative and quantitative analysis of markers in complex biological systems is the fundamental of analytical chemistry and the key to early diagnosis of major diseases, disclosure of molecular mechanism and precision clinical treatment. Yu Bai’s research focuses on the accurate measurement of markers in complex biological systems based on mass spectrometry, including the construction of novel ambient mass spectrometry devices, development of sensitive MS methods/approaches and establishment of new single-cell mass spectrometry analysis platform, striving to establish new high-throughput analysis methods and solve the problems of low detection sensitivity and limited analysis dimensions.
Dr. Yu Bai has published more than 120 peer-reviewed papers, including J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Chem. Sci. and Anal. Chem. etc., with more than 3300 total citation and h-index 36 (Web of Science, Jan. 08, 2022). She has been awarded with the National Distinguished Young Scholars in 2021, National Science Foundation for Excellent Young Scholars in 2013 and multiple funding supports from NSFC and MOST. She was elected as the BOYA Young Scholar of Peking University in 2017. She was invited to chair the “MS in clinical analysis” session of 2019 ASMS. She is now on the Early Career Board of Analytical Chemistry, and the editorial board of the Mass Spectrometry Letter, Separation Science Plus, Chemistry Journal of Chinese Universities, Journal of Chinese Chromatography, Journal of Chinese Mass Spectrometry Society etc. She owned Science and Technology Award of China Association for Instrumental Analysis (China) twice (2015, 2017).
HONORS and AWARDS
- 2021, National Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars (NSFC)
- 2020, The Excellent Doctoral Thesis Instructor of Peking University (Peking University)
- 2019, The Excellent Doctoral Thesis Instructor of Peking University (Peking University)
- 2017, BoYa Young Scholar (Peking University)
- 2017, Science and Technology Award of China Association for Instrumental Analysis (China) (Second-class, second awardee)
- 2015, Science and Technology Award of China Association for Instrumental Analysis (China) (First-class, first awardee)
- 2014, Lvye Bio-Pharmaceutical Outstanding Young Scholar (Peking University)
- 2014, Chinese National Natural Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholars (China)
- 2007, Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Training Fellowship (Canada)
- 2002-2004, Max-Plank Society Scholarship (Germany)
- 2017-present, Committee Member, Chinese Mass Spectrometry Society, Chinese Physical Society
- 2016-present, Committee Member, Beijing Chromatography Society, Beijing Physical and Chemistry Testing Technical Society
- 2015-present, Committee Member, Organic Analysis Division, Chinese Chemical Society
- 2021-present, Committee Member, Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science of Shanxi Province
- Shuting Xu, Mingxia Liu, Yu Bai* and Huwei Liu, Multi-Dimensional Organic Mass Cytometry: Simultaneous Analysis of Proteins and Metabolites on Single Cells, Angew Chem Int. Ed., 2021, 60, 1806 - 1812.
- Shuting Xu, Wen Ma, Yu Bai* and Huwei Liu, Ultrasensitive Ambient Mass Spectrometry Immunoassays: Multiplexed Detection of Proteins in Serum and on Cell Surfaces, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2019, 141, 72-75.
- Shuting Xu, Mingxia Liu, Jie Feng, Guangtao Yan, Yu Bai* and Huwei Liu, One-step Hexaplex Immunoassays by On-line Paper Substrate-based Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry for Combined Cancer Biomarker Screening, Chem. Sci., 2021, 12, 4916 - 4924.
- Wen Ma, Shuting Xu, Honggang Nie, Bingyang Hu, Yu Bai* and Huwei Liu, Bifunctional Cleavable Probe for In-situ Multiplexed Glycan Detection and Imaging Using Mass Spectrometry, Chem. Sci., 2019, 10, 2320-2325.
- Wanpeng Ai, Qirong Yang, Yunpeng Gao, Xiaoyun Liu, Huwei Liu and Yu Bai*, In Situ Laser Scattering Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry and Its Application in the Mechanism Study of Photoinduced Direct C-H Arylation of Heteroarenes, Anal. Chem., 2020, 92, 11967-11972.